By making a booking, the first named person on the booking (“Lead Name”) agrees on behalf of themselves and all persons detailed on the booking that:
- he/she has read these Booking Conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
- he/she is over 18 years of age and where placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that he/she and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
- he/she accepts financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking; and
- he/she is aware that Covid-19 vaccinations are a condition of travel with On The Go Tours, as specifically outlined in section 12 of the Booking Conditions
- he/she has read and reviewed in full the Trip Notes, Tailor-made Itinerary and Invoice/s prior to securing a reservation with payment and is satisfied that the information contained therein;
- is suitable for all members of the traveling party with regards to fitness and any medical needs. Please refer to our Tour Suitability Form; and
- includes the required services (i.e. the correct hotel and preferred hotel rating, sites to be visited and transportation etc.) for all members of the booking traveling party.
Our obligations to you will vary depending upon whether we act as a Package Organiser in the sale of a Package Holiday (e.g. where you make a booking of a multi-day tour or tailor made holiday) or as a Principal in the sale of a single service booking (i.e. where you make a day-trip or activity only booking); our differing obligations are set out below, in three separate sections:
- Section A contains the conditions which will apply to all bookings
- Section B contains the conditions which will apply only when you make a booking of a Package with us where we act as the Package Organiser.
- Section C contains the conditions which will apply only when you make a single-service booking with us, where we are acting as Principal.
SECTION A – APPLICABLE TO ALL BOOKINGS
1. Booking and Paying for your Arrangements.
Standard Deposit and Payment Conditions
A booking is secured with us when making full payment for your reservation, or when a non-refundable deposit of *GBP200 (or equivalent) is paid.
Once payment is received by us, we will then issue you with a booking confirmation.
We reserve the right to return your payment and decline to issue a booking confirmation at our absolute discretion. A binding contract will come into existence between you and us as soon as we have received payment and issued to you in writing a booking confirmation that will confirm the details of your booking and will be sent to you or your travel agent. You will be notified of the exact deposit amount required prior to any payment to us.
*Some exceptions may apply to deposits for bookings secured with our third party operators. You will be notified when making your reservation of the exact non-refundable deposit amount and this will be reconfirmed on your invoice.
A non-refundable 30% deposit will be required for group travel to the following destinations:
- Africa Lodge Accommodated Safaris
- Galapagos Cruises
- Antarctica Expedition Cruises
- Trans-Siberian Rail Journeys
- Tailor-made arrangements
If your confirmed arrangements include a flight, we (or if you booked via an authorised agent of ours, that agent) will also issue you with an ATOL Certificate. Upon receipt, if you believe that any details on the ATOL Certificate or booking confirmation or any other document are wrong you must advise us immediately as changes cannot be made later and it may harm your rights if we are not notified of any inaccuracies in any document within ten days of our sending it out (five days for tickets).
The balance of the cost of your arrangements (including any applicable surcharge) is due not less than 60 days prior to scheduled departure (unless otherwise specified prior to payment). If we do not receive this balance in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in which case the cancellation charges set out in either Section B or Section C below (as applicable) will become payable.
With the exception of bookings covered by our ATOL, monies paid to an agent acting on our behalf, for tours operated by us, are held by the agent on our behalf. Any money paid to an authorised agent of ours in respect of a booking covered by our ATOL is held by that agent on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust at all times, but subject to the agent’s obligation to pay it to us for so long as we do not fail financially. If we do fail financially, any money held at that time by the agent or subsequently accepted from the consumer by the agent, is and continues to be held by that agent on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust without any obligation to pay that money to us.
Monies paid to an agent acting on our behalf, for tours operated by us, are held by the agent on our behalf.
For many of our tours sightseeing entrance fees, group tip kitty and local payments are obligatory, payable upon commencement of your tour. All prices listed are per person and details of these costs are noted in the Excluded Section of our tour itinerary/trip notes.
Online bookings: Auto-generated e-mails are sent immediately after payment is made to confirm payment has been received. Online bookings are not confirmed until a personalised e-mail detailing that a booking is confirmed is sent by a member our reservation team.
Do not book flights until you have received a personalised confirmation email from our reservations team which will be within 24 hours of receiving your online booking. We endeavour to display accurate availability on our website, though on rare occasions online bookings are made concurrently with others and our website can not reflect this information.
2. Deferrals, Refund Credit Notes (RCN) and Customer Credit Vouchers (CCV)
Whether a Refund Credit Note (for bookings confirmed with our UK Team) or a Customer Credit Voucher (for bookings confirmed with our International Teams) has been extended, these entitle you to re-book a holiday for a future date by the expiry date listed.
At your request, future travel credits may be used to book a replacement reservation. Once a replacement reservation is secured by our Team, you will receive a written confirmation. As soon as a confirmation is sent by us, your booking will become a “new” reservation, and will be subject to the standard terms and conditions which are applicable from the date of the new confirmation. Please familiarise yourself with these conditions before securing your new booking, as some information may have been updated since your original booking was secured.
The maximum value of our credit to you equates to the original amount paid to On The Go Tours for the booking plus any deferral incentive offered. If any unrecoverable costs apply to the original payment, you will be notified of these when the credit is linked to your booking. Should the credit note be cancelled by On The Go Tours, the maximum refund value is as per the original amount paid to us, less any unrecoverable costs.
They are valid until the listed expiry date and may be extended by us if current conditions persist. Travel may be confirmed for any future dates (outside of the expiry limit) provided the replacement booking is paid in full before the applicable expiration date.
They are transferrable to family or friends unless otherwise stated. An alternate destination or tour can also be selected unless otherwise stated.
The credit note or voucher will be allocated to the replacement booking, with any additional funds being retained on file for future use. Partial refunds do not apply. Independent Day Tours cannot be purchased with credit notes or vouchers.
If your original Signature booking was deferred for any reason, and it becomes necessary for you to cancel the replacement Signature booking due to government imposed travel restrictions or a verified case of COVID-19, a 100% travel credit can be reinstated 27 days or more in advance of travel. If the replacement booking is cancelled less than 27 days in advance, 100% of the total holiday cost will be forfeited.
Once you have chosen your replacement tour departure date and this has been confirmed by us, our Standard Booking Conditions will apply -including standard change and cancellation penalties. Please familiarise yourself with these conditions before securing your replacement booking, as some information may have been updated since your original booking was secured.
2.1 Lifetime Credits
Lifetime Credits will be held on file and can be put towards payment of a new group tour or tailor-made holiday of equal or greater value than the original.
Credits are fully transferable to friends or family on receipt of an authorizing letter from the original lead passenger and can be put toward payment of a new, future tour of equal or greater value than the original. Lifetime Credits are only available for travellers that are genuinely unable to travel and are not redeemable if a discount or promotion is offered after a booking has been confirmed, Ie; Travellers cannot utilise the Lifetime Credit to defer their current booking in order to secure a promotional price. Credits cannot be used to rebook the same tour on the same departure date. Credits are non-redeemable for Local Payment components.
Sale or promotional prices are applicable to new bookings only made during the promotional period and discounts will not be offered to confirmed bookings.
We endeavour to ensure that all the information and prices both on our website and in any advertising material that we publish are accurate, however occasionally changes and errors occur, and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the arrangements that you wish to book before you make your booking.
You MUST take out adequate and suitable travel insurance in order to take part in a tour organised by us and this is a condition of your contract with us. You are wholly responsible for arranging your own insurance. We reserve the right to request a copy of your insurance policy and/or a receipt showing payment of the premium, although we will not check this policy for suitability, and it will remain your responsibility at all times to ensure that you’re adequately insured.
A suitable insurance policy should provide adequate cover for medical expenses arising through illness or accident prior to or during the holiday and loss of holiday monies through cancellation and curtailment of the holiday for insurable reasons. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including pre-existing medical conditions.
You should ensure that there are no exclusion clauses limiting protection for the type of activities you will be undertaking during your tour. You should also ensure that your insurance policy will cover you for any independent arrangements, excursions or other activities that you may book to take part in during your holiday and which do not form part of your booking or contract with us. You should satisfy yourself that any travel insurance arranged is what you require and should arrange supplementary insurance if needed. It will remain your responsibility at all times to ensure that you’re adequately insured both prior to and during your holiday. We recommend you take out insurance as soon as your booking is confirmed. You are strongly advised to insure yourself against any possible risk that may occur and in particular to ensure that you have sufficient insurance in respect of dependent relatives and force majeure events. You are required to carry proof of insurance with you. You must contact your travel insurance provider in the first instance to ascertain if they offer cover for COVID-19 related reasons, and if your circumstances qualify for a claim to be made with them. A suitable insurance policy should also provide adequate cover for medical expenses arising through illness or accident prior to or during the holiday and loss of holiday monies through cancellation and curtailment of the holiday for insurable reasons. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including pre-existing medical conditions.
We reserve the right to cancel the booking, without any liability for refunds, of any customer who cannot satisfy us that they have purchased suitable travel insurance in accordance with this clause. Furthermore, if you choose to travel with inadequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
5. Special Requests
Any special requests must be advised to us at the time of booking e.g. diet, room location, room type i.e. twin/double, a particular facility at a hotel etc. i.e. swimming pool, gym, etc. You also need to confirm your requests in writing. Whilst every effort will be made by us to try and arrange your reasonable special requests, we cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled. The fact that a special request has been noted on your confirmation itinerary or any other documentation or that it has been passed on to the supplier is not confirmation that the request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part and we do not accept bookings that are conditional upon any special request being met.
6. Cutting your holiday short
If you are forced or make the personal choice to return home early, we cannot refund the cost of any travel arrangements you have not used. *If you cut short your holiday and return home early in circumstances where you have no reasonable cause for complaint about the standard of the travel services provided, we will not offer you any refund for that part of your tour not completed or be liable for any associated costs you may incur. Depending on the circumstances, your travel insurance may offer cover for curtailment. It is your responsibility to contact your insurer at this time for their instruction and to obtain any receipts locally that are required for your claim.
*The aforementioned stipulations may be waived if the curtailment of your booking is related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
7. Illness, Disabilities and Medical Problems
Anyone suffering from illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical condition which may affect their participation in the tour must declare the true nature of such condition and provide us with full details before you make your booking so that we can try to advise you as to the suitability of your chosen tour. We may require you to produce a doctor’s certificate certifying that you are fit to participate, in addition to completing the Tour Suitability Form. Acting reasonably, if we are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm your booking or if you did not give us full details at the time of booking, we will cancel it and impose applicable cancellation charges when we become aware of these details, and may result in such persons being excluded from the tour in which case all monies paid will be forfeited and we will not be liable to pay any compensation whatsoever.
Where we accept your booking, you must make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment required during the holiday. Some countries impose restrictions on certain types of medications, and may also limit the amount of medication which may be brought through customs, so we recommend that this is checked prior to travel.
For persons with pre-existing conditions including but not limited to: illness, diabetes, pregnancy, asthma, gastric reflux, cancer, heart problems, epilepsy, respiratory or mobility problems you should visit a doctor for a personal medical examination obtaining a medical clearance that certifies you as fully able to participate in the tour as described within the company literature specific to your tour or tailored arrangements prior to booking. You are responsible for assessing whether a Tour/Tailored arrangement are suitable for you. We will not and do not provide medical advice. It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the itinerary based on your own unique circumstances, limitations, fitness level and medical requirements.
If your chosen holiday includes a cruise including sailing by Felucca or other or excursion or transfer by boat of any sort you must make it known at the time of booking if you or any member of your party is unable to swim. This will not prevent that person from participating in the tour but will enable us to take additional precautions for that person’s safety at such times as may be appropriate. Where the tour includes an overnight stay onboard a felucca, clients who are unable to swim are still able to undertake this tour though will need to book the Nile cruise upgrade for this particular leg of the journey.
7.1 Age & Fitness
We want to ensure that you or anyone in your booking party enjoy their holiday to the fullest, so to help ascertain if a tour or tailormade itinerary is suitable, clients who fall into the following criteria are required to complete our Tour Suitability Form. Where considered necessary, due to participation requirements, upgrades or conditions may apply or we may be able to provide the holiday on a private basis (supplements apply).
- Any persons with pre-existing medical conditions. Any person who requires regular care by a doctor or any person with medical or other circumstances we should be aware of. If you feel you need to provide us with additional details, please attach additional pages.
- All persons aged 70 or over by the tour start date. Once we have received your completed form, we may request further information or a signed letter from your doctor confirming you are able to undertake your chosen tour.
- All persons travelling to Sub Sahara Africa aged 65 or over by the tour start date. Once we have received your completed form, we may request further information or a signed letter from your doctor confirming you are able to undertake your chosen tour.
No unaccompanied minors (i.e. those under 18 years of age) can be accepted on tours operated by us. Children under 18 years of age may travel on select tours provided that they are accompanied by a parent or a guardian who accepts full responsibility for them and subject, in all cases, to our ultimate discretion.
You agree to accept the authority and decisions of our employees, tour leaders, and agents whilst on tour with us. If in the opinion of such person, the health or conduct of a client before or after the departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour, in which case all monies paid will be forfeited and we will not be liable to pay any compensation whatsoever to that client.
8. Acknowledgement of Risk
The tours operated or supplied by us have been designed to provide participants with an exposure to the true nature of the environment visited and therefore involve an element of potential risk and exposure to potential hazards over and above those associated with normal ’package’ holidays.
All bookings are accepted on the understanding that you appreciate such risks and hazards and that you undertake all tours at your own volition. For group tours, the specific itinerary, inclusions and additional information related to a holiday is detailed in the tour specific Trip Notes. The trip notes are the singular document that accounts for what will be provided on the holiday. For tailored arrangements, the specific itinerary, inclusions and additional information related to a holiday are detailed in the final PDF copy of your holiday itinerary. If you participate in an activity not specifically detailed as included (or where you sign a waiver to negate an inclusion, i.e. for boating trips in South East Asia, Latin America or other) in the tour/ holiday operated by us, you (i) accept all responsibility for taking part in such an activity and (ii) accept that no further services will be provided by us, with the exception of inclusion waiver activities.
Our holidays are adventurous by nature and you accept that the holiday may include travel to remote areas, within developing countries, where events are less predictable than is usually the case in, for example, Western Europe or North America. Many of the places visited do not have the same quality of emergency health and safety services that we are used to in the developed world. Internal flights can be cancelled, road transport can be uncomfortable and unreliable, and hotels often do not approach the standards of the West. If you are not prepared for this, you should not travel on these holidays. This unpredictability means that the itineraries should be seen as statements of intent, rather than as contractual obligations. A variety of factors, including weather, transport difficulties and political instability, might require changes in any itinerary. The tour leader will make any changes that are necessary. Only rarely will such changes be significant, and every reasonable effort will be made to minimise the effects of the enforced changes. No liability can be accepted for the results of changes or delays, irrespective of how they are caused.
Travel insurers may not cover specific activities within their standard insurance policies. It is your responsibility to check your insurer policy inclusions and you accept full responsibility for obtaining fully comprehensive travel insurance for all activities as outlined with in our documentation or for any service you may arrange locally whilst on holiday with us.
You acknowledge also that you may be choosing to travel at a time where you could be exposed to the COVID-19 virus. You may be required to follow additional safety protocols on your trip and if so are obligated to abide by these measures. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of all unused services with no recourse for compensation. Positive test results will be conveyed to affected travellers and we will assist you to seek medical advice, however, all expenses for testing, treatment or self-isolation will be at a personal cost
We use information from the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and reports from our own contacts in assessing whether the itinerary should operate. However, it is also your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all relevant travel information, including applicable health risks, and the nature of your itinerary. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability in relation to these additional risks.
9. Force Majeure
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions we are not obliged to provide a full refund (partial refunds maybe given after deducting unrecoverable costs such as deposits, flight tickets, train tickets, park fees, wildlife permits, visa letters and other) or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by “Force Majeure”. For the purposes of these Booking Conditions, Force Majeure means any event beyond our or our supplier’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labour strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control. Check with your travel insurance provider as you may be able to reclaim these costs.Brexit Implications: please note that certain overseas travel arrangements may be affected as a result of the United Kingdom’s decision to leave the European Union. This could include an unavailability of certain flight routes, access to certain ports and airports etc. Please rest assured that this is something we will continue to monitor. However, since this is something which is completely unprecedented and outside our control, we would treat any such changes as Force Majeure, and whilst we will endeavour to provide suitable alternative arrangements where possible, we will not be liable to refund or pay you any compensation.
We make every effort to ensure that your tour arrangements run smoothly but if you do have any problems during your holiday, please inform your tour guide/leader/hotel manager immediately.
If, the tour guide/leader is unavailable, please contact our local team (24hr contact details are listed on your Voucher). If the matter is still unresolved by our local team, please contact your booking consultant or our office, (note there may be a delayed reply based on time zones).
If you wish to complain after completion of your holiday, you must send formal written notice of your complaint to our Customer Care Team, in your own words, within 30 days of the end date of your holiday with us and provide in the letter your booking reference, tour name and start date and all other relevant information to your grievance. Please keep your letter concise and to the point, this will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you. We will reply to your grievance within 28 days of its receipt.
Please note that privacy laws exclude us from commenting on any members not within your own booking party.
Failure to inform your guide or local team at the time, or follow the procedure set out above will affect your rights under this contract.
Please note that we offer an Alternative Dispute Resolution service through our ABTA membership.
You can access the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform at ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of registering your complaint with us; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
11. Your Behaviour
All our customers are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of others. If in our opinion or in the opinion of any hotel manager or any other person in authority, your behaviour or that of any member of your party is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any other customers or any third party, or damage to property, or to cause a delay or diversion to transportation, we reserve the right to terminate your booking with us immediately. In the event of such termination our liability to you and/or your party will cease and you and/or your party will be required to leave your accommodation or other arrangements immediately. We will have no further obligations to you and/or your party. No refunds for lost accommodation or any other arrangements will be made, and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of termination. You and/or your party may also be required to pay for loss and/or damage caused by your actions and we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually liable for any damage or losses caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or losses must be paid directly to the hotel manager or other supplier prior to departure. If you fail to make payment, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions together with all costs we incur in pursuing any claim against you.
We cannot be held responsible for the actions or behaviour of other guests or individuals who have no connection with your booking arrangements or with us.
12. Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements & Health/ Vaccination Formalities
It is your responsibility to check and fulfil the passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your itinerary. We can only provide general information about this. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and your own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change, please ensure your information is up to date.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirements (Applicable to all travel undertaken from 1 November 2021):
All travellers over the age of 18 must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. We recognise any vaccine that has been authorised for use in the country where the vaccine was administered. This includes vaccines such as AstraZeneca, Pfizer-BioNtech, Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, and Covaxin.
In all cases, you must be fully inoculated. This means you must receive the full dosage of the COVID-19 vaccine and allow a minimum of 14 days before travelling in order for immunity to take effect. Each COVID-19 vaccine has different dosages and timeframes for inoculation, so please check the related medical advice associated with your vaccine. We will not accept travellers on trips who have received only a partial dose (for example, one part of a two-dose vaccination) of a vaccine.
Children under 18 years of age are not currently required to provide any COVID-related documentation to travel with On The Go Tours.
If you are unwilling or unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons, you may apply for an exemption. Exemptions will be assessed on an individual basis. To apply, you must provide supporting documentation from a medical professional. In addition, those who qualify for a medical exemption are still required to produce proof of a negative test in the form of written documentation (in English) conducted no more than 72 hours before day 1 of their trip, the details of which need to be emailed to [email protected] prior to the commencement of your trip.
Traveller health information will be kept securely and only retained in compliance with the retention schedules of privacy laws and regulations. Proof of COVID-19 immunisation must be provided to us no less than 4 weeks prior to travel. We accept COVID-19 digital certificates, vaccination record cards, or COVID passes. Alternatively, vaccination history can be uploaded by travellers directly via our traveller login. The information you will need to upload includes: Administering national authority or government, document No, name of Vaccine, date/s of vaccination.
Failure to provide proof of vaccination 4 weeks prior to travel could result in the cancelation of your booking with no recourse for refund or compensation. The pertinent documentation may also be checked at the welcome meeting on Day 1 of the Tour, and at various intervals during your stay
Our highest priority is the health and safety of our travellers, leaders, crew, suppliers, and local communities. We have a duty of care to ensure our travellers safety. By making the decision that travellers with an elevated risk of serious disease from COVID-19 must be fully vaccinated prior to travel with us, we are reducing the risk of harm to those travellers. In addition, as an ethical tour operator, we have a responsibility to ensure that we are not adding additional and avoidable strain to any country’s healthcare system.
Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year, you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting. Upon entry, some Countries may also ask to see a copy of your full itinerary, flight tickets, and travel insurance. Additionally, proof of sufficient funds for the entire journey can be requested
Special conditions apply for travel to the USA, and all passengers must have individual machine readable passports.
Up to date travel advice can be obtained from the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), visit https://www.gov.uk/travelaware.
You will be solely responsible for any cost, loss or damage which you incur as a result of a failure to obtain all necessary passports, visas and/or vaccinations. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities (including vaccinations). You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
13. Delays, Missed Transport Arrangements and other Travel Information
If you or any member of your party misses your flight or other transport arrangement, it is cancelled or you are subject to a delay of over 3 hours for any reason, you must contact us, the airline, and your insurer or other transport supplier concerned immediately.
Under EU Law, you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from the airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details of these rights will be publicised at EU airports and will also be available from airlines. If the airline does not comply with these rules you should complain to the Civil Aviation Authority at www.caa.co.uk/passengers. Reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline and will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your tour price from us. If, for any reason, you do not claim against the airline and make a claim for compensation from us, you must, at the time of payment of any compensation to you, make a complete assignment to us of the rights you have against the airline in relation to the claim that gives rise to that compensation payment. A delay or cancellation to your flight does not automatically entitle you to cancel any other arrangements even where those arrangements have been made in conjunction with your flight.
We cannot accept liability for any delay which is due to any of the reasons set out in clause 9 of these Booking Conditions (which includes the behaviour of any passenger(s) on any flight who, for example, fails to check in or board on time).
The carrier(s), flight timings and types of aircraft shown in our brochure or on our website and detailed on your confirmation invoice are for guidance only and are subject to alteration and confirmation.
Please note the existence of a “Community list” (available for inspection at www.ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/air/safety/air-ban_en) detailing air carriers that are subject to an operating ban with the EU Community.
Our advertising material is our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit the airlines mentioned herein or any airline whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements.
14. Local Laws and Regulations
All participants in tours operated by us are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so may relieve us of all obligations that we may otherwise have to you.
Local laws relating to the wearing of seatbelt may be non-existent or not enforced in some countries and therefore local people largely choose not to wear them. For this reason local service providers may or may not have seatbelts in vehicles or they may be hidden between seats or underneath protective seat covers. It is expected that where seatbelts are available customers must use them and remain seated at all times while the vehicle is moving. As such, customers acknowledge that seatbelts may not be available and therefore travel at their own risk.
16. Departure Taxes
In some countries departure taxes for flights, visas and other i.e., hotels in Dubai, must be paid locally and these are payable to the Government of the country departed. We do not offer a refund for these taxes and they will not be listed on any documentation received from us.
17. Advance Passenger Information
18. Foreign Office Advice
You are responsible for making yourself aware of Foreign Office advice in regard to the safety of the countries and areas in which you will be travelling and to make your decisions accordingly. Advice from a Foreign Office to avoid or leave a particular country may constitute Force Majeure (see clause 9). In line with our ABTA membership, all recommendations made by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) are considered by us when reviewing the safety of a particular destination.
20. Conditions of Suppliers
Many of the services which make up your tour are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
21. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
These Booking Conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live in those places and if you wish to do so.
SECTION B: PACKAGE HOLIDAY BOOKINGS
This section only applies to Package Holidays booked with us, where we are acting as the Package Organiser (please see clause 22 for further details of when this will be the case). Please read this section in conjunction with Section A of these Booking Conditions.
22. Definition of Package
Where your booking is for a Package Holiday that we have organised, as defined below, we will act as a “Package Organiser” and you will receive the rights and benefits under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 (“PTRs”), as outlined in this Section B of these Booking Terms and Conditions.
A “Package Holiday” exists if you book a combination of two of the following separate travel services:
- rental of cars, motor vehicles or motorcycles (in certain circumstances);
- any other tourist service not intrinsically part of one of the above travel services;
provided that those separate travel services are purchased together from a single visit to our contact centre or website and are selected by you before you agree to pay; or are offered, sold or charged at an inclusive or total price; or are advertised, sold or charged at an inclusive or total price; or advertised or sold under the term “package” or a similar term.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note that:
- where you have booked a Package that lasts for less than 24 hours and which does not include overnight accommodation; or
- where you have made a booking, which consists of not more than one type of travel service as listed at (a) – (c) above, combined with one or more tourist services as listed at (d) above, this will not create a Package where the tourist services:
- do not account for 25% of the value of the combination and are not advertised as, and do not otherwise represent, an essential feature of the package; or
- are selected and purchased after the performance of the transport, accommodation or car rental has started.
These bookings will be treated as “Single Service” bookings and will not be afforded the benefit of the rights under the PTRs, please see Section C of these Booking Terms and Conditions for the terms applicable to such arrangements.
We reserve the right to amend the price of unsold tours at any time and correct errors in the prices of confirmed tours. We also reserve the right to increase the price of confirmed tours solely to allow for increases which are a direct consequence of changes in:
- the price of the carriage of passengers resulting from the cost of fuel or other power sources;
- the level of taxes or fees chargeable for services applicable to the holiday imposed by third parties not directly involved in the performance of the holiday, including tourist taxes, landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports; and
- the exchange rates relevant to the package.
Such variations could include but are not limited to airline cost changes which are part of our contracts with airlines (and their agents), cruise ship operators and any other transport providers.
We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements. You will be charged for the amount over and above that.
However, if this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 8% of the price of your confirmed tour (excluding any insurance premiums, amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements), you will have the option of accepting a change to another tour if we are able to offer one (if this is of equivalent or higher quality you will not have to pay more but if it is of lower quality you will be refunded the difference in price), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid to us, except for any insurance premiums and any amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements. Should you decide to cancel for this reason, you must exercise your right to do so within 7 days from the date of the written notification of this increase. We will consider an appropriate refund of insurance premiums paid to us if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
Should the price of your tour go down due to the changes mentioned above, then any refund due will be paid to you less an administrative fee of £10. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
There will be no change made to the price of your confirmed tour within 60 days of your departure nor will refunds be paid during this period.
Sale or promotional prices:
Are applicable to new bookings only, made during the promotional period and discounts will not be offered to confirmed bookings retrospectively. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (apart from loyal repeat traveller discount). Exclude single supplements, pre or post accommodation and tour add-ons. Full payment is required at time of booking for 2 for 1 deals or 50% discount promotions, thereafter the booking is non-refundable/non-changeable - we strongly recommend you obtain travel insurance at this time. The 2 for 1 deal applies when 2 travellers book the same tour on same date and share a room. If one of the sharing travellers can no longer travel or is a no-show on arrival, the remaining passenger will be required to either share with another solo traveller of the same sex on the tour or pay the single supplement, if available. On The Go Tours reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time.
24. If You Change Your Package Booking
Any changes to a confirmed Package Booking (for example, hotel, passenger names but not departure dates (see below) must be confirmed in writing by the person signing the booking form and must be accompanied by an administration fee of £25 per booking*, in addition to any further costs that we may incur and/or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers. Whilst every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate changes and additional requests, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your requested change. Where we are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking, and we will treat this as a cancellation by you. A cancellation fee may be payable in accordance with clause 26.
A change of departure date must be requested in writing and must be accompanied by an administration fee, unless the request is made within the standard cancellation period of your booking, in which case this will be treated as a cancellation of your booking and the cancellation fees will be applied as detailed in clause 26 (below). Where a change of departure date is requested and can be met by us, our charges are in addition to any further charges made by our appointed agent/suppliers, whereby you would incur charges levied by this third party.
Changes by you to a confirmed booking as detailed above are only permissible where you have made a booking at the standard price, and changes cannot be made to confirmed bookings which were made on a sale or promotional price. Should changes be required on a holiday booked at a sale or promotional price after the sale has ended, 100% cancellation fees apply. You may choose to re-book at the standard price available at the time. If booking a tour at a sale or promotional price full payment must be made at the time of booking, bookings are non-transferrable and non-refundable. .
Please Note: If booking a group tour we do not provide the option to deviate from the arrangements noted as part of the itinerary such as booking your own hotels / accommodation / transportation / optional excursions (except where free time is noted) etc. If you do make independent travel arrangements whilst on a group tour, the remainder of your tour and any other services forming part of your booking with us are forfeited. Our liability to you and/or your party will cease at this point in time with no recourse for refund or compensation.
Important Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended or transferred after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
*The standard change fees mentioned above can be waived if the reason for amendment is related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
25. Transfers of Package Bookings
If you or any member of your party is prevented from travelling on their Package holiday, that person may transfer their place to someone else, subject to the following conditions:
- that person is introduced by you and satisfies all the conditions applicable to the holiday;
- we are notified not less than 7 days before departure;
- you pay any outstanding balance payment, an amendment fee of £50 per person transferring*, as well as any additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer; and
- the transferee agrees to these booking conditions and all other terms of the contract between us.
You and the transferee remain jointly and severally liable for payment of all sums. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as set out in clause 26 will apply in order to cover our estimated costs. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
Important Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended or transferred after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
*The aforementioned fees may be waived if the transfer of your booking is related to the COVID-19 pandemic
26. If You Cancel Your Package Booking Before Departure
You may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to us in writing. Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received in writing by us and will be effective from the date on which we receive it.
Should one or more member of a party cancel, it may increase the per person holiday price of those still travelling and you will be liable to pay this increase.
Since we incur costs in cancelling your arrangements, cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day when written notice is received by us. The more notice that we receive, the less we will charge you. However, in addition to the charges shown below many air tickets have no refund value whatsoever and, therefore, airlines may impose 100% cancellation charges and the cost of a new ticket.
Cancellation charges apply as follows:
For *new Signature tour bookings made between 1 November and 28 February 2022:
|Period before departure||Cancellation fee per person|
|45 days or more||Deposit only|
|28 - 44 days||£200 (or equivalent).|
|27 days or less||100% of total holiday cost|
For *new Signature tour bookings made between 15 February and 31 October 2021:
|Period before departure||Cancellation fee per person|
|16 days or more||None, except for unrecoverable costs notified at time of booking|
|15 days or less||100% of total holiday cost|
For *new (non-Signature) tour bookings made prior to 28 February 2022:
|Period before departure||Cancellation fee per person|
|60 days or more||Deposit only|
|59 - 31 days||50% of total holiday cost or deposit - whichever is greater|
|30 days or less||100% of total holiday cost|
Please note that all amendments charges are not refundable in any circumstances. All 50% discount promotions and 2-for-1 offers are non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferable under any circumstances. Occasionally other deals may have the same conditions. Arctic Expedition Cruises and Antarctic Solar Eclipse tours are non-refundable and non-transferable after full payment at 90 days prior to departure. Please check with your Reservations Consultant or on your Booking Confirmation.
*If your original Signature booking was deferred for any reason, and it becomes necessary for you to cancel the replacement Signature booking due to government imposed travel restrictions or a verified case of COVID-19, a 100% travel credit can be reinstated 27 days or more in advance of travel. If the replacement booking is cancelled less than 27 days in advance, 100% of the total holiday cost will be forfeited.Important Note: Certain arrangements (such as flight tickets) may not be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration or cancellation could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements in addition to the charge above.
If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
Where possible, we will deduct the cancellation charge(s) from any monies you have already paid to us.
27. If We Change or Cancel your Package Booking
We aim to operate all tours as advertised but as we plan the tours many months in advance, we may occasionally have to make changes or cancel your booking and we reserve the right to do so at any time.
Changes: If we make an insignificant change to your Package Holiday, we will make reasonable efforts to inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure, but we will have no liability to you. Examples of insignificant changes include alteration of your flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, minor amendments to the daily itinerary, and changes of carriers. Please note that carriers such as airlines used in the brochure may be subject to change.
Occasionally we may have to make a significant change to your confirmed arrangements. Examples of “significant changes” include the following, when made before departure:
- A change of accommodation area for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of accommodation to that of a lower standard or classification for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of outward departure time or overall length of your arrangements by more than 12 hours.
- A significant change to your tour itinerary, missing out one or more destination entirely.
Cancellation: We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than 42 days before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure, low numbers or failure by you to pay the final balance by the applicable due date. We may cancel your tour before this date if, e.g., the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached. Please note that all amendments charges are not refundable in any circumstances.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible and if there is time to do so before departure, we will opt to offer you either:
- accepting the changed arrangements; or
- having a refund of all monies paid (less any unrecoverable costs if the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control); or
- accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of a comparable or higher standard from us, if available (at no extra cost); or
- if available, accepting an offer of alternative arrangements of a lower standard, with a refund of the price difference between the original arrangements and the alternative arrangements.
You must notify us of your choice within 2 days of our offer. If we do not hear from you within 2 days, we will contact you again to request notification of your choice. If you fail to respond again, we will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
If your original Signature booking was deferred for any reason, and it becomes necessary for you to cancel the replacement Signature booking due to government imposed travel restrictions or a verified case of COVID-19, a 100% travel credit can be reinstated 27 days or more in advance of travel. If the replacement booking is cancelled less than 27 days in advance, 100% of the total holiday cost will be forfeited.Insurance If we cancel or make a significant change and you accept a refund, we will provide a full refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
Compensation In addition to a full refund of all monies paid by you, we will pay you reasonable compensation of GBP £40 per person or equivalent, in the following circumstances:
- If, where we make a significant change, you do not accept the changed arrangements and cancel your booking;
- If we cancel your booking and no alternative arrangements are available.
The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: We will not pay you compensation in the following circumstances:
- where we make an insignificant change;
- where we make a significant change or cancel your arrangements more than 42 days before departure;
- where we make a significant change and you accept those changed arrangements or you accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements;
- where we have to cancel your arrangements as a result of your failure to make full payment on time;
- where we are forced to cancel or change your arrangements due to Force Majeure (see clause 9).
In the event of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances resulting in a change to your stay (or where we become unable to provide a significant portion of the booked arrangements after your journey has commenced), alternative arrangements can occasionally be made by re-purposing the monies paid to us (less any cancellation or change fees which have already been applied). Where substitute arrangements are of a lower standard, an appropriate refund will be granted. Any further costs incurred, would need to be addressed with your personal travel insurance provider. For the purposes of this clause, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” mean warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health (such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination) or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely back to your departure point. Decisive action will be taken by us in such cases, when travel advice is changed or updated by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).
In the event of unforeseen circumstances or extensions to your stay, direct assistance can be offered by us until the date of completion of your original travel arrangements made with us. Any additional expenses incurred during this time, or relief required after this time would need to be addressed with your personal travel insurance provider.
28. Our Responsibilities for Package Holidays
- Where you have booked a Package holiday with us where we are the Package Organiser, we will accept responsibility for the arrangements we agree to provide or arrange for you as an “Organiser” under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, as set out below and as such, we are responsible for the proper provision of all travel services included in your package, as set out in your confirmation invoice, trip notes and tailor-made itinerary and voucher/s. Subject to these Booking Conditions, if we or our suppliers negligently perform or arrange those services and we don’t remedy or resolve your complaint within a reasonable period of time, and this has affected the enjoyment of your package holiday you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both. You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services included in this package. The level of any such price reduction or compensation will be calculated taking into consideration all relevant factors such as but not limited to: following the complaints procedure as described in these Booking Conditions and the extent to which ours or our employees’ or suppliers’ negligence affected the overall enjoyment of your holiday. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that we or our supplier(s) have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against us.
- We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
- the acts and/or omissions of the person affected; or
- the acts and/or omissions of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unavoidable and extraordinary; or
- Force Majeure (as defined in clause 9).
- We limit the amount of compensation we may have to pay you if we are found liable under this clause:
- loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is an amount equivalent to the excess on your insurance policy which applies to this type of loss per person in total because you are required to have adequate insurance in place to cover any losses of this kind.
- Claims not falling under (a) above and which don’t involve injury, illness or death: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is up to three times the price paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you or your party has not received any benefit at all from your booking.
- Claims in respect of international travel by air, sea and rail, or any stay in a hotel booked by us:
- The extent of our liability will in all cases be limited as if we were carriers under the appropriate Conventions, which include The Warsaw/Montreal Convention (international travel by air); The Athens Convention (with respect to sea travel); The Berne/Cotif Convention (with respect to rail travel) and The Paris Convention (with respect to hotel arrangements). You can ask for copies of these Conventions from our offices. Please contact us. In addition, you agree that the operating carrier or transport company's own 'Conditions of Carriage' will apply to you on that journey. When arranging transportation for you, we rely on the terms and conditions contained within these international conventions and those 'Conditions of Carriage'. You acknowledge that all of the terms and conditions contained in those 'Conditions of Carriage' form part of your contract with us, as well as with the transport company and that those 'Conditions of Carriage' shall be deemed to be included by reference into this contract.
- In any circumstances in which a carrier is liable to you by virtue of the Denied Boarding Regulation 2004, any liability we may have to you under our contract with you, arising out of the same facts, is limited to the remedies provided under the Regulation as if (for this purpose only) we were a carrier.
- When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question.
- It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this clause that you notify any claim to us and our supplier(s) strictly in accordance with the complaint’s procedure set out in these conditions.
- Where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to us or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
- Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description:
- which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you; or
- relate to any business.
- We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our agreement or where they are not advertised in our Trip Notes/Tailor-made itinerary. For example, any excursion you book whilst away, or any service or facility which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
- In the event of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances resulting in a change to your stay (or where we become unable to provide a significant portion of the booked arrangements after your journey has commenced), alternative arrangements can usually be made by re-purposing the monies paid to us (less any cancellation or change fees which have already been applied). Where substitute arrangements are of a lower standard, an appropriate refund will be granted. Any further costs incurred, would need to be addressed with your personal travel insurance provider. For the purposes of this clause, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” mean warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health (such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination) or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely back to your departure point. Decisive action will be taken by us in such cases, when travel advice is changed or updated by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).
29. Insolvency Protection for Packages
We provide financial security for flight-inclusive packages and ATOL protected flights by way of our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 6109, issued by the Civil Aviation Authority, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex, RH6 0YR, UK, telephone 0333 103 6350, email: [email protected]
When you buy an ATOL protected product from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. For further information, visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk. The price of our flight inclusive arrangements includes the amount of £2.50 per person as part of the ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) we pay to the CAA. This charge is included in our advertised prices. Not all holiday or travel services offered and sold by us will be protected by the ATOL Scheme. ATOL protection extends primarily to customers who book and pay in the United Kingdom and European Economic Area (EEA).
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL Scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
On The Go Tours is a member of ABTA Reg. W4479 (Association of British Travel Agents), and ATAS licence number A13278 (Australian Federation of Travel Agents).
30. Prompt Assistance
If, whilst you are on holiday, you find yourself in difficulty for any reason, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is appropriate in the circumstances. In particular, we will provide you with appropriate information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance, and assistance with distance communications and finding alternative travel arrangements. Where you require assistance which is not owing to any failure by us, our employees or sub-contractors we will not be liable for the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or other such assistance you require. Any supplier, airline or other transport supplier may however pay for or provide refreshments and/or appropriate accommodation and you should make a claim directly to them. Subject to the other terms of these Booking Conditions, we will not be liable for any costs, fees or charges you incur in the above circumstances, if you fail to obtain our prior authorisation before making your own travel arrangements. Furthermore, we reserve the right to charge you a fee for our assistance in the event that the difficulty is caused intentionally by you or a member of your party, or otherwise through your or your party’s negligence.
SECTION C – SINGLE SERVICE BOOKINGS
31. Pricing & Inclusions / Exclusions
Price quotations are subject to change without notice, until a booking has been confirmed.
Unless otherwise specified, prices do not include any local taxes or use-fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger-facility charges or international transportation tax.
Prices do not include tips/gratuities to tour directors, drivers or local guides, passport and visa fees, baggage and personal insurance, any items of a personal nature, taxes or duties, and any beverages or food not specifically listed under the “Inclusions” for the Day Tour or single service you have booked.
32. Day Tours Vouchers
Where you have booked a Day Tour, upon making payment for your Day Tour you will receive a link to your electronic Voucher. Paper copies of vouchers will not be posted.
You will receive a personalised On The Go Tours Voucher for each tour, event or service booked. You must provide the original, authentic Voucher to the appropriate service provider in order to redeem your tour, ticket, or package. Your reservation cannot be honoured or redeemed without presenting a valid Voucher.
For security purposes, when redeeming your Voucher you must present a valid Photo ID and sign the Voucher. This is for identification purposes and helps us to prevent fraud.
In some cases we also require that you present the credit or debit card used to purchase your tour or ticket at the time of redemption. This generally applies only to attraction and show tickets. This helps us to prevent credit-card misuse. You will be advised at checkout whether or not you must present the credit or debit card used for booking.
Please note that your Voucher(s) can be confiscated - and immediately cancelled without refund - if your signature and/or name do not match those shown on either your credit or debit card.
33. If You Change Your Single Service Booking
All requests for modifications and amendments to your single service booking must be directed to the On The Go Tours Reservations Team who will process the request. Click here to submit a "Date Amendment" or "Cancellation" request on an existing booking.
We do not charge a fee to amend or change the dates of an existing booking, as long as the request is received by our Reservations Team more than four (4) days ahead of your confirmed travel date.
It is not possible to change or modify a special event, theatre or show ticket. Sales of these tickets are final and cannot be amended once your original purchase is confirmed.
All other date-change requests and amendments are subject to availability by our suppliers and/or service providers; we cannot guarantee the success of any date-change request.
If you request a date change within four (4) days or less of your confirmed travel date, we will attempt to honour your request; however, changes made four days or less from your original travel date may be subject to an additional fee.
34. If You Change or Cancel Your Single Service Booking
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel your confirmed single service booking you must notify us in writing. Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received in writing by us at our offices and will be effective from the date on which we receive it. The person to notify us of any cancellation must be the same person that made the booking.
Should one or more member of a party cancel, it may increase the per person holiday price of those still travelling and you will be liable to pay this increase.
Since we incur costs in cancelling your arrangements, you will have to pay the cancellation charges. Event, Attraction, Theatre, Show or Coupon Ticket are non-refundable in all circumstances. For other Day Tours the applicable cancellation charges are noted on the specific tour’s pages under important information.
This clause 34 outlines the rights you have if you wish to cancel your single service booking. Please note that there is no automatic statutory right of cancellation under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (Directive 2011/83/EU).
35. If We Change or Cancel Your Single Service Booking
Occasionally our suppliers and/or service providers make changes to tour dates, prices, inclusions, coverage, age requirements, and other Day Tours or other single service features and/or requirements. As a result, we reserve the right to cancel, change or substitute any service, tour, ticket or product that you have booked with us, at any time, for any reason.
In such cases, if you are dissatisfied with the alternative arrangements offered (where we are able to offer alternative arrangements), you will be entitled to a refund of the original purchase price.
Notwithstanding the above, when we are informed in advance by our agents, service providers and/or suppliers of a significant change to a single service booking we make every reasonable effort to notify you and/or your travel agent as appropriate, in order to amend or re-issue the booking where feasible.
Very rarely, we may be forced by "force majeure" to change or terminate all or some of your arrangements after departure. If this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds, pay you compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
36. Our Responsibilities
- Subject to the remainder of this clause, we have a duty to select the suppliers of the services making up your booking with us with reasonable skill and care. We have no liability to you for the actual provision of the services, except in cases where it is proved that we have breached that duty and damage to you has been caused. Therefore, providing we have selected the suppliers/subcontractors with reasonable skill and care, we will have no liability to you for anything that happens during the service in question or any acts or omissions of the supplier, its employees or agents.
- We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected; or
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
- unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond ours or our supplier(s) control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or
- an event which either we or suppliers could not, even with all due care, have foreseen or forestalled; or
- loss or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money.
- We limit the amount of compensation we may have to pay you if we are found liable under this clause:
- loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money. The maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is an amount equivalent to the excess on your insurance policy which applies to this type of loss per person in total because you are required to have adequate insurance in place to cover any losses of this kind.
- Claims not falling under (a) above and which don’t involve injury, illness or death. The maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is twice the price paid by you in total. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you have not received any benefit at all from your booking.
- It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this clause that you notify any claim to ourselves and our supplier(s) strictly in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in these conditions.
- Where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to ourselves or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
- Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description: (a) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you; or (b) relate to any business.
- We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our agreement or where they are not advertised in our brochure. For example, any excursion you book whilst away, or any service or facility which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
Your Key Rights
Please see our Customer Key Rights to understand your rights as a customer under the PTRs 2018.